Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 5 from sublime to Zion (part 1)



 waking up early on the Sublime Point plateau was a once in a lifetime experience. I knew it was special so I wanted us to be able to indulge in it. So I got up and made Jordann some coffee, myself some tea, and us both some oatmeal. 
To quote Barney from How I Met Your Mother, it was "Legen- -Dary". Especially since all the condensation had caused low lying clouds, and we had one come up right on top of us. I got some hilarious footage of us both freaking out about being inside a cloud in the Grand Canyon. 

We were so glad to have asked the Rangers if they would let us follow them out on the "easy" trail and them saying yes. So after eating breakfast and packing everything back up, we rode over to where they had set up camp. While helping them pack up their equipment, we learned about the controlled burns and vegetation maps they were plotting.

After getting packed up,we head out... but keep in mind that that torrential downpour had happened that night had left huge collections of water. But I will get to that in Part II....


No comments:

Post a Comment